Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Run On The Garden


I took a little (slow) run today.  And when I say little, I mean it.  But still, it was further than I've gone in very long time.   I've had conflicting medical advice about whether running or anything more than yoga is okay for my poor adrenals.  I've also been told by someone else that I'm running out of fear - you know, "fight or flight".  That I'm flighting....   In some ways, I'm just starting to finally feel and look like myself again so someone else said, it was me exercising my strength and health.   I was once a little sporty warrior.  You know, back in the day....  Granted, the day was a looooooong time ago.  I think it might be a little of all of that...All of it feels right and partially true depending on the day.

But, I ended my little run  (and did I mention how little) at the garden which is always a peaceful, restful, restorative place.  I got there before the sun had hit anything more than the bright yellow, white and orange ranunculus and I cooled down in the sweet shade.

The tomatoes have jumped in height so I guess they've taken well to things.  Some of the dubious onions I got for a bargain actually came up.  The late planted garlic seems to be thriving, as well.   I even got a garlic scape today.  One cucumber seedling has gone M.I.A.   I suspect the racoon.  But the other two are growing healthy broad leaves.

The big news is that after consulting the garden manager,  I made the decision to stop watering the fava beans.  It's getting too hot and it's their time to go.  I'll let the pods dry out on the vines so I'll have dried beans to make fuul this winter.  *does happy dance*   The beans will feed me as the fava's fed that raised bed.

I gave the little plot a good soaking.  It's going to be hot today.  I came home with what I suspect will be the last cutting of flowers and some peaches from the community tree.  I feel lucky to have that little place of heaven where my adrenals and I can rest and restore.

No comments:

Post a Comment