Friday, April 22, 2011

A Gooder Friday Could Not Have Been Had


You might recall my whimsy about a bouquet in this post a few weeks ago.... Well, I think this lovely thing today can go rosemary to rosemary with it.  This time it's a bit more traditional, as I got to add some ranunculus from my very own plot.  I also bundled up some rosemary, chives, and this time some lovely mint from my newly designated "herb" section.  I think some mojitos are in order.  

It is quite a thrill to have "cutting flowers" this summer.  There are lots more buds so I'm looking forward to weeks of fresh flowers.  I noticed in Trader Joe's a bunch about this big was priced at $5.99.  I paid $4.98 for the entire packet of 18 bulbs which has already garnered me two cuttings for my vase. 

In less economically favorable news, I didn't start any seeds this year.  It fell under the keep it simple for myself category.  So, I visited the nursery.  I came back with new gloves (mine were stolen!), three tomato seedlings, two pepper plants (yellow and jalepeno), marigolds, sage, and a bag of red onions they gave me for a dollar because there were only a handful of viable onion bulbs in the bag this late in the season.  Oh, and a terra cotta pot to plant one of the peppers in.  So, $35.00 later, I'm sure (even accounting for a boom tomato season), I could buy the produce much cheaper.  But, I got my hands in the dirt for three full hours and my garden looks full of promise!

So, a "Good"er Friday could not have been had....


No comments:

Post a Comment