Friday, August 20, 2010

Sometimes a Garden is Just a Garden

Last year's cucumbers.... sigh. 

Sometimes it's just about actually gardening:

- picked a dozen or so San Marzano tomatoes
- lamented over the second plant that seems to have fruit that is rotting from the bottom **
- picked two dozen or so yellow tear drop tomatoes
- planted lettuce seedlings in the plot under the peach tree (thank Leigh for leaving extras)
- planted snap pea seedlings (why not try for the third time this year!) Planted them closer together than last batch.  Maybe it will help.  ***
 
** Note to self.  Google this and figure out what you've done wrong.
*** Doubtful!  Mostly just get to the garden more to water, damn it!

2 comments:

  1. Your tomato likely has Blossom End Rot, which is essentially a calcium deficiency, quite often caused by uneven soil moisture levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anonymous. I was thinking that might be it. I had that with my cucumbers the first year I grew them. In that case I over watered. In this case I have probably under watered and not very consistently at that! I'm a bad, bad plant Mom. I also think, maybe that I didn't do enough to repair the soil after I used that bed for beets. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete