Monday, December 20, 2010

A New Toy


I treated myself to a little birthday present (on sale, plus coupons!).  I haven't decided if the "bloggie" or "the flip" is for me - this is my first go at the Sony "Bloggie" (such a stupid name!!).  I have two weeks to return it.  I also haven't figured out how to get the video into my imovie in order to edit.  But, I thought this could potentially be a nice addition to the garden blogging, keeping in touch with my nieces and nephew, and forcing people to see how cute my cat Ozzie is...

For the first trial entry, I went in between downpours to see if the garden was holding up against the torrential rains.  As witnessed here, the fava and the onions seem to be doing just fine, thank you very much.  Notice how I have to keep my seeds in prison until they grow big enough to keep the birds, racoons, and cats from eating and destroying them....  Once the rain lets up, I'll take the bars away and just mulch to keep the cats out.

I think the video has potential, although I'm not crazy about the quality of this today...  I may have to play with the settings (one thing the flip doesn't have, but maybe that's for the best).  Eventually, I'd love to interview my fellow gardeners and have them share their trials and tribulations, as well as their successes.  Maybe each of them would be willing to share their own special tips and secrets to a successful harvest.

Now if it would stop raining so I could go plant all the rest of it...

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, what an awesome new toy! I didn't know Sony had a video camera like the Flip! You will have lots of fun with this I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interviews would be a cool thing to do -- it's funny how I loved seeing the garden manager at the end. I seek out the people in vids, whatever the other subject matter... :) I like how you're trying new things. It's inspiring. Pax.

    ReplyDelete